In category-based rounds of invitations, IRCC invites candidates eligible for a specific category established by the Minister to fulfill a designated economic objective. Candidates are invited to apply for permanent residence based on criteria including:
- Proficiency in a particular official language for effective communication.
- Work experience in a specific Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities (TEER) category of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- Education qualifications.
By conducting category-based rounds, IRCC extends invitations to high-ranking candidates who can assist in achieving these targeted economic goals.
For the year 2023 the chosen categories are:
- French-language proficiency
- Healthcare occupations ( 35 Occupations)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations (24 Occupations)
- Trade occupations (10 Occupations)
- Transport occupations (10 Occupations)
- Agriculture and agri-food occupations (3 Occupations)
To be eligible under category based rounds of invitation:
- Must have created your express entry profile and in the Pool of applications
- Occupation (NOC Code) must be in the specified chosen categories and
- Meet the other instructions specified in the ministerial instructions
Don’t wait, start your Canada PR visa application and launch your Express Entry profile